IGNORED

Not shifting correctly

I need some help. I started off to work last week when my 1996 Royal Star Classic stuck in first gear and wound only shift to neutral and then back to first. I took the cover off and found one of the pins was missing. I have only owned the bike for 8 weeks. The bike has 39,000 on it but before this happened nothing gave me the indication any thing was wrong. It does appear someone has been in side the bike and doing the same thing. The tab was bent out and the pin was missing as already stated. I have some pictures if any one has an Idea where I should go from here it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. New to the forum.

Pin not in sight?? May be in oil pan. There is a way to fish for it I think using magnet on a pick-up stick?? I can't remember on your bike if this can be done. Might find it on oil pan magnatic plug? Some others will chip in and help you save a lot more than the 12 bucks to join.

I appreciate the quick response. I have already taken care of the lost pin. I am more concerned about not shifting into 3rd and 4th. I think maybe the spring is sprung but I do not know how to check this. Thanks. I am sure that I will sign up for a full membership when my trail time is up.

I'm sure someone will know shortly. WELCOME!!.

No help here but waiting a couple days when others get back from the Ralley, then bumping your post back up if you don't get the answer within the next day or so.

Welcome to the site

Brad

re post on this in a couple of days and it beings it back to the top or back up to the top of New posts. Then when people get back from International they may see it if not it can get lost in a lot of posts.

Not that people will not answer they may not have seen the post.

brad