IGNORED

GPS question

kevin-vic-b.c.

Is there certain types of GPS units to use for motorcycles? I set up my Megelan $150.00 GPS from Canadian Tire on my V-Strom to go for a long new places ride. It started off good then after a couple hours started shutting itself down and "rebooting" then by the time I had found a few gravel roads and many roads that went no place at all I was on the highway to home and it just got into a loop of start up - shut down over and over. Now I think the battery is hooped as now when I unplug it it will not run at all, it used to run 1/2 hour or so.

I had it mounted on the wind screen with the suction cup, maybe that is the bad. I know I had a link at one time for solid mounts but was never able to find a 1st gen to Megelan mount and now I have 2 bikes to put it on... what to do now?

:mo money: :mo money: :mo money: :Venture: :mo money: :mo money: :mo money:

First off go Garmin GPS. When they RMA a 3.5 yr old (and older units) GPS @ no cost, that means something about customer service. :2cents:

Good site to compare models http://www.gpscity.ca/, they also carry RAM Mounts as well.

Kevin, if you seen the pics of the scoot, after killing the deer. I had removed the still powered up Garmin, out of the RAM Mount on the left handlebar, about 5 hours after the accident (just after getting out of Hospital). That RAM Mount held the GPS secure, in a 60 MPH collision & aftermath.