IGNORED

Power Budget RSTD

bknsaddle

As the temps go down, so does my riding time. That means I have more time to tinker in the garage and add stuff.

Does any know the power budget for an 2006 RSTD?

I have passing lights, and would like to know how much additional power is available for goodies...

I have the 07 RSTD, I have passing lamps, Kuryakin Silver bullets, Serius Satellite Radio, Diamond R light bar's for the Hard bags, I know some do not draw much power. I have not had any problems. I have got the LED replacement bulbs for the Silver Bullets. not installed them yet.

I am getting Piaa Driving lights that mount to the forks.

Its been posted here in a few places...

You have the same bike as mine, 30amp stator (weak as hell)..

Passing lamps pull 10 amps if I remember

To add to this, I also run MOTOlights which pull about 8 amps then add in the carb heaters and you are over the 30 the stator puts out

Unless you do the stator upgrade its basically an adequate system for most stuff. But you can do something about the power draw on those carb

heaters.http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25572

One of the best mods that I have done.

Thanks for the responses.

I was trying to figure out how may watts were available for accessories, assuming a fully charged battery and the bike in normal operation (with stock running lights on).

I have a GPS and a J&M CB (intermittent load on transmit) on it, but was thinking of ....

wait for it...........adding more lights!

My friend gave me some LED riding lights that he says are 10w each. I have not checked the actual load with an ammeter, but they are very bright and get hot after a while.

Sounds like adding 20 watts to the load is not a good idea......