I have a 91 venture royale 1300. The computerized monitor, fuel gauge, and clock along with the computer leveling air suspension system is blank and does not work. I am wondering if this is a computer problem? I have traced the wires on the leveling system and they seem to be ok. The only thing that is displayed on that is the PSI sign itself. Nothing else will show. The actual pressure of the front and rear will not display. I can not set the pressure or check the pressure with the automatic adjust on the monitor. It is separate from the cluster on the dash and that is why I am wondering if it is a computer problem? I did buy a instrument cluster on ebay, just in case mine was bad. I did not really think it was, but I got the cluster for 26 bucks and was told everything worked on it. I figured it was a good investment as I have seen them go for 100-800 bucks on ebay.

As cheap as I got it for I figured it was worth it as it might come in handy some time. I am leaning towards it being a computer problem tho. Everything to do with a computer read on this bike does not work. Fuel gauge, clock, suspension psi etc. I have not gotten the cluster out yet to trace wires, but have on the leveling system. Everything else works on this bike. All electrical, gauges, lights etc. Anyone have any input on what I need to look for on trouble shooting the computer? Thanks in advance for any input. I intend on tracing the wires on the dash and repairing and fixing any wire or connections as I do, but I am thinking this is a computer problem as it effects other things related to the computer that is not in the cluster. I have this half way tore down tracing wires and it has been a nightmare so far....:depressed:

You may have a ground problem. Ground wires are black and you can ether check continuity to the battery negative or even jumper a wire from the black wires to the battery negative and see what you get. On these bikes it is pretty common to need to re-solder some terminals in both the CLASS system that controls air pressure and the CMS in the center of your dash, but usually an open solder joint usually only affects one system such as a dim headlight.

RandyA

You may have a ground problem. Ground wires are black and you can ether check continuity to the battery negative or even jumper a wire from the black wires to the battery negative and see what you get. On these bikes it is pretty common to need to re-solder some terminals in both the CLASS system that controls air pressure and the CMS in the center of your dash, but usually an open solder joint usually only affects one system such as a dim headlight.

RandyA

The only thing that does not work right is anything to do with the computer monitor or read outs. I do have a glitch every now and then. Turn the key and the volt meter will be low. At night the headlight will dim when the starter is en-gauged, but will not crank. During the day if the voltmeter is low I know it will not crank. If I turn the key off and on a couple times I will see the voltmeter jump up and I know it will crank. This only has happened a few times. It might be in the switch itself. Other than that only other issue is my original question.

• 8 months later...