IGNORED

Ignition switch repair

Well, my ignition switch is showing signs that it's getting ready to fail. I wired a bypass tonight, don't want to get left stranded in the middle of nowhere this weekend, headed to Copper Harbor, Mi.

I have been reading the tech section for ideas on how to go about fixing the switch. How many have tried disassembling and repairing the switch ? This thread details fixing the switch. What I'd like to know is if others have had success doing this repair?

The part # difference is usually just a #upgrade to replace an older # or maybe the part had a slight modification but in either case there is no difference as far as fit and operation.

I have been buying my OEM parts from Stadium Cycle in Texas for a while now. They have great service and usually the parts are cheaper.

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=YAM#/Yamaha/VENTURE_-_XVZ13TFN_-_2001/ELECTRICAL_1/XVZ13TFN_%282001_MOTORCYCLE%29/ELECTRICAL_1_%28XVZ13TFN_-_2001%29

I have done this twice now. First time was a bear had to drill out safety bolts. Then I replaced with counter sunk bolt. Second time was easy did it in parking lot at the hotel. Just before leaving to go home. A nail file cleans the contacts up great. I just keep it with me know.

The part # difference is usually just a #upgrade to replace an older # or maybe the part had a slight modification but in either case there is no difference as far as fit and operation.

I have been buying my OEM parts from Stadium Cycle in Texas for a while now. They have great service and usually the parts are cheaper.

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=YAM#/Yamaha/VENTURE_-_XVZ13TFN_-_2001/ELECTRICAL_1/XVZ13TFN_%282001_MOTORCYCLE%29/ELECTRICAL_1_%28XVZ13TFN_-_2001%29

Yep Stadium is a few $$ cheaper :thumbsup2:

I have done this twice now. First time was a bear had to drill out safety bolts. Then I replaced with counter sunk bolt. Second time was easy did it in parking lot at the hotel. Just before leaving to go home. A nail file cleans the contacts up great. I just keep it with me know.

How did you get the original bolts out?