IGNORED

Dryer Motorsports Indianapolis

Michael_Bishop

I would like to know if anyone from Indiana has use Dryer for maintenance. If you was happy with them. I have a 2005 RSTD with 43,000 miles on it I got it new. The bike is stock except for Bub slip on's. I change my on oil, brake pads and plugs. It runs great and MPG is still good around 50 on the road. But I would like to get the valves check. I was thinking of get it check out this winter.

After reading on this forum and other forums I think it hard to trust the dealers or who they have working for them.

I would like to know if anyone from Indiana has use Dryer for maintenance. If you was happy with them. I have a 2005 RSTD with 43,000 miles on it I got it new. The bike is stock except for Bub slip on's. I change my on oil, brake pads and plugs. It runs great and MPG is still good around 50 on the road. But I would like to get the valves check. I was thinking of get it check out this winter.

After reading on this forum and other forums I think it hard to trust the dealers or who they have working for them.

They are too far away for me to use them. Sideoftheroad had a maintenance agreement with them so you should send him a message and ask.

I go to Dan's Yamaha in Seymour, IN and I live in Port St. John, FL. I don't trust any dealer down here. Gary treats you right. If you go, tell him that Ken from FL sent you. I too change my own oil and filter, etc. I have Dan's check for other things.

Ken

1 - UP

When I bought my Venture in '08 I bought their Pit Pass. Ended still being a savings but not nearly as big as what they were saying. It runs out at the end of this month. It is really inconvenient for me to go do Washington street when I live in Noblesville and I ride right pass Westfield Yamaha and Westfield is also our chapter dealer sponsor. But I already paid for the service.

All I can say is if you go to Dreyer make sure you check the bike over before you leave the parking lot. I have had more than 1 issue in them not hooking the horn back up. Also 1 time I lost my seat nuts. They didn't put the seat on right. I didn't think it was a big deal, I figured I will just fix it when I got home. Well when I got home, my nuts were gone. Most people don't think it is such a big deal to lose your nuts, but I like having my nuts so I had to get new ones.:whistling:

Oh and one time they recommended that I have my carbs removed and completely cleaned since it was running rough. I asked how much and the service manager, literally said for both of them $xxx (way too expensive and also I had ran Seafoam in the tank not long before that service so I knew there wasn't anything wrong w/ the carbs before I brought the bike in). For both carbs? And you are the service manager in a Yamaha shop and we are talking about the flag ship bike? The service they just did included syncing the carbs. I think it was the next weekend and took it to a buddies house who synced the carbs for me. Ends up they were off just a tad. Doesn't take much if you don't tune them properly. Needless to say I didn't have them clean the carbs.

They set the idle way too high one time. Not a biggie, easy fix.

Overall when things weren't right I took it to Westfield Yamaha (sometimes on the way home from Dreyer) to fix the issues. Chuck and the rest of the crew have always taken care of me from Westfield Yamaha. Now this isn't to say I haven't had issues with them either but they always made it right after I brought it to their attention.

Hit up Bummer on the site. He might be able to help w/ the valves. Dano might be able to help too?

Overall there are lots of people that do their own wrenching on this site so if you can't get locals to help then I am sure any number of people would be glad to walk you through it over the phone. Just tell them you will buy them ice cream and they will come from all other the country. LOL.

Edited by Sideoftheroad

Thanks eveyone for the info. I think from where I'm at I will try Seymour. Westfield might be a few miles closer but with traffic Seymour easier to get there. Or more enjoyable ride. Unless some around here that can do it this winter I will pay for there service.

• 5 weeks later...

Wanted to post another update w/ my recent Dreyer experience. My Pit Pass (what they call their pre-paid service agreement) expired 06/28. I called at least 2 weeks if not more before it was to expire and said I don't think I will have enough mileage by the time it expires and didn't know if that would be an issue for them. The guy said if you are close, no big deal he would work with me if it goes past the 28th. So forward to the 28th, called and left a message. No return call. Called the 29th, left message, no return call. Called 07/05 and finally got ahold of someone. I told him the spiel of what me and the other person talked about. I was basically told if it is expired, too bad is his opinion but if I worked something out w/ another person then he knows nothing about it and he doesn't have time to return every message. I explained to him that this isn't anything new since I tried to resolve this previously. So the 2 individuals spoke and I got a message from the person I had the arrangement with. I called him back and was told the issues had been worked out, the 2nd person didn't realize we had a previous arrangement (really? guess he didn't believe me when I told him) and something about the phone not working right lately (just an excuse IMO). So i called the 2nd person back to make the appointment. I got grief again about how I could drop it off on Saturday and could pick up tuesday or wednesday (about 1/2 way through the service agreement he says this everytime but I have always been able to pick it up same day). i said the only way I can do this is drop it off and pick it up same day. He started to say something about how they have walk ins with oil changes and such so they are busy. Before I could get to my next point with the Pit Pass in that you get priority, which means I go to the front of the line, period. This was either part of the selling point or part of the contract itself, I will have to look. If he wanted to argue further my next point would have been instead of me going an hour out of my way to go to you, why don't I travel 20 minutes to another dealer and they can bill you. But before I could mention the last 2 things, he went off on another direction in that he looked what gets done for this service. He grumbled some more about having to let the bike sit for a couple hours to let it cool down, he finally came to the conclusion that it would be done same day.

Just poor attitude in my opinion. At least the 1st guy I talked to is a good egg.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the chapter is officially closed and it didn't go well for them. I dropped the bike off and about 3.5 hrs called me back saying it was ready. Went to pick it up and they said it would be $386.xx (or something close to that). I said for what!!! They said for service. I said no, this was the last appointment for my pre-paid service. So I had to go through the spiel again w/ the same guy who just makes it seem to be a burden for anyone (or at least me) to have anything done there. Not sure if he was in the mood to argue or what have you (I on the other hand was in the mood for a fight if need be), but in the end he took off the charges and off I rode home.