IGNORED

fuel pump

Naked Rider

so i was going to the store left the stop light poped the hill and the bike started to die i had two lines still left on the gauge ok i thought that the gauge was wrong so i shake the bike with the fuel cap off couldnt hear anything so i call my son to bring me some gas still no luck it fired over and i checked the pipes 3 hot 1 cold then it died again again so my quistion is is it the fuel pump? if so i still have 1 1/2 months on my warranty and is there any other thing besides the fuel filter that i should be looking at? Thanks:sick:

Bypass the fuel pump and try it. If problem solved, get yourself to stealer before warranty runs out. Fill up the tank with the pump bypassed. Mine ran fine for close to 100 miles (to dealer) with pump bypassed. Just keep about 2 gallons in the tank while trying this.

Take the left side battery cover off. There you will see the fuel pump. Take a screw driver handle and tap on it on the side with the key on. Your fuel pump may have gotten stuck. Mine failed and I tapped the side of the pump and it started pumping. Had it replaced under warranty.

BEER30

bump (for the day when mine goes)

In case you didn't know, :confused24: there is a button called "Thread Tools" at the top of every thread. If you click on it, you can then click on "subscribe", and be subscribed without having to post to it.;) (if that's why you posted):scratchchin:

Later, Scooter Bob

In case you didn't know, :confused24: there is a button called "Thread Tools" at the top of every thread. If you click on it, you can then click on "subscribe", and be subscribed without having to post to it.;) (if that's why you posted):scratchchin:

Later, Scooter Bob

Re: Your sig.

That's an impressive list of States .... so miss out the two in the Lower 48, but ya gotta ride the Haul Road to Deadhorse :)

Later, Scooter Bob

Thanks Bob, I've always wondered how to do that to a thread. But if no one else is posting to it because it's buried it doesn't do any good to subscribe to it. That's why I bumped it up in case there was any more input I could glean from this wide base of knowledge.

Thanks Bob, I've always wondered how to do that to a thread. That's why I bumped it up in case there was any more input I could glean from this wide base of knowledge.

I don't have the website in front of me right now, but, I believe you can click on the "quick links" button in the lower title bar and choose to view a list of your "subscribed thread".

That's why I thought you subscribed to it.

Later, Scooter Bob

• 1 year later...