IGNORED

86-93 saddle bag covers

funrider

I don't know how many others have had the same problem as I did. While on a trip I stopped along the side of the road and had to get my glasses out of the saddle bag to look at the map. Well decided to put the glasses in my pocket rather than back in the bag. Stopped for gas 31 miles later and realized my cover had blown off, forgot to latch it down. Lucky for me we turned around and 15.8 miles back in the middle of the road was my cover, a few scratches but still in good shape.

:whistling::322:

here is a modification that i learned from another member.

get four 12 inch pieces of soft stranded electrical wire, i used 14 guage from my local auto parts supplier. they usually have small packs of this wire to hook up fog lights, radios, or trailor lights. go to your local auto parts store and buy eight electrical crimp on lug connectors with a hole big enough for a screw to go through and crimp onto each end of the four pieces of wire.

remove the saddlebag lid and you will see the mounting nuts for the lock mechanisms, remove a nut from the top front lock and install one of the wire/lug and do the same for the rear lid latch.

then remove nut from the front and rear lock on the saddlebag and attach the other end of the wire/lug and tighten the nuts.

the saddlebag lids will now hang nicely over the side of the saddlebags when removed and you will wonder why this was not done in the first place.

cheers, Scott