IGNORED

RSV won't run without choke

Guest PlaneCrazy

41 minutes ago, mike4dodge said:

Typical story will not run without choke on if you have tried everything you’ve read in here which is good advice with Seafoam etc. and still having a problem?  

I just about gave up and was going to take it to the shop to get the carbs overhauled after endless cycles of seafoam B12  and literally every different carburetor cleaner known to man. Mixed together in a catch-up squeeze bottle hooked the fuel one directly to that turned up upside down turn the key on and it sucked all of it in and filled up the carburetors… Pretty ingenious I thought but in the long run it was still running shitty.  Cleaned out the air filters gas tank put brand new precisely set spark plugs. Fresh 100% gasoline 89 octane it just still was not right and now gas is dripping on my floor seems to be coming out of stuck floats in the carburetors… Next is the good part

I thought I would try a last ditch effort but putting a new fuel filter in it maybe it was so stopped up it was causing leaks I would try anything.. found a fuel filter at Napa that would work put it in but before I would put it all get together like it should parentheses which is a pain in the ass turn the key on… Only to find the fuel pump it’s self was leaking out of the center how it did not catch on fire before I do not know I found one on Amazon that was a plug and play at a really good price put it all back together took it out for about an hour hard rod everything is perfect autos without the choke on acceleration is good.  No gas dripping from the carbs my eyes are way too old and tired to try to rebuild a carburetor anymore so if it seems like your back is really close to being right and you have gas pouring out of it try your filter and fuel filter email me or just search on Amazon literally played $29 for a direct fit fuel pump had a really good ride Sunday no problems now just have to get the air correct in my tires and suspension previous box or crotch rockets this is a different deal LOL 

Sidenote the only thing I can figure is with the pump leaking and the fuel filter half stopped up it was still not getting enough fuel at the proper level in the bowl and therefore had to be run with the choke still on don’t give a try one more thing before you go to the shop or pull the carbs off

I did the spark plugs after all the carb cleaner, seafoam, B12 etc.. I was able to get 100% seafoam, in carbs,  let it set 24 hours, run drain refill x2 days, then 50/50 B-12 Chem-tool and seafoam and two other top rated cleaners, mixed them together in a old school catsup bottle with a cone tip like you find in a hamburger joint,...  stuck in on my main fuel line.. turn \on the key and let the fuel pump fill carbs.. did this many times, some how got it to run just a bit to get it in the system.. Long story short, it saved a car overhaul time and money.  This is just my experience,  read over all the advice here, do what is right for you. I AM NOT a tech, but got some good ideas from some really smart folks on here..  Respectfully,  MIke