IGNORED

Vibration problem

The vibration I'm experiencing is not on acceleration, it's a high frequency vibration at cruising speed. Kind of a buzzy feeling.

I had a vibration in my 09 RSV at about 500m..took it to dealer and he found the head space bearing a little loose...tightened it and all is well now...9800m..I noticed it at highway speeds in cruise and a little more noticeable on de-exceleration...Hope this might add to help find the soluation...Carl....Take Care...:322:

Could your tires be out of balance? I put a new rear tire on recently, and put dynabeads in both front and rear tires. I found a noticeable improvement in vibration dampening immediately. I am a believer. Now if I get extended tire life, as advertised, I will be a lifelong customer. Just putting this out there. Good luck figuring out the vibes.

• 2 weeks later...

When I test rode a brand new '09, my wife complained of what she called a "buzz" coming through the seat and backrest. I could feel it in the handlebars and the floorboards, also, and it went away when I pulled in the clutch. It was bad enough that it made her nauseous during a 15 minute test ride.

We had previously ridden a Tour Deluxe and it was smooth, so we told the sales guy. Another customer happened to pull into the dealer with his Venture, and was kind enough to allow a test ride, which was smooth. The dealer synch'ed the carbs on the '09 and we tested it again the next weekend, but the buzz was still there. A couple of weeks later we test drove an '05 and it was smooth. We just bought our '06 and it's smooth. Since it occurred on a brand new '09, and goes away when the clutch is pulled in, it's something to do with the engine or transmission, not worn out parts or road imperfections.