I've searched and cant really find anything on my problem, usually people have the problem that the brake light wont come on.... my issue is it wont go off.

I tried doing some trouble shooting and I unplugged the foot brake switch with no avail so its looking like its the upper switch.

I took the upper off and it seems to be moving freely, if I knew where it plugged in at I would unplug it to see if the light went off.

So.... anyone know where it plugs in or have any idea what it could be????

Almost forgot... 2006 RSTD with 30k miles.

Edited by RoyalStarRider

There is a plug for the front brake is under the front fairing...

There is a brake light relay also...not exactly sure where it is... may be in the lower fairing. It has a brown, green/white and a yellow wire to it...and maybe a black for a ground. You need to get an ohm meter to measure to see if the switches are good/bad. Looks like both these front and rear brake switches are normally closed, I think..., they each have 2 sets of contacts...one to accuate the brake light relay and one to cancel the cruise. Unplugging them will only turn on the brake light, best I can tell.

Hope this helps.

I think it was Dingy that built a simplified drawing of the 2nd gens...did a great job...

Check this out....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42357