IGNORED

Posted a ride video: Arkansas

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Yall might enjoy this...me and a buddy rode over to Arkansas for the Bikes Blues and BBQ Rally in Fayetteville AR. Had a great time, and got some of it on video. I'm riding my 2007 Midnight Venture, and pulling my little Tag-Along Trailer in the second part of the video. If you click on the lower right YouTube logo, you can see it in a larger format than here on this page.

I call this video, simply:

Riding.

Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV1FbzBh51g]YouTube - Riding.[/ame]

Guest tx2sturgis

I added the background track by Marshall Tucker Band. They just put an ad in the video so you'll go to Amazon and buy the song...you can click that X and kill the ad.

I have had 2 videos flagged for copyright infringement...they just deleted the music I had embedded. I had only used a small portion of a song in each one...I dont know but maybe thats the deal...on this video I didnt change the song at all...so maybe they'll keep it as is...we'll see.

Guest tx2sturgis
OK, I thought I'd covered all of Ark with a fine tooth comb. Where'd you find that bridge? I can't make out the highway sign on the video?:bang head:

The blue sign after the bridge is not the one that has the name of THIS highway on it, its for the little road that cuts to our right BEFORE the bridge. We ran across an even smaller bridge ( pictured) on the south side of West Fork...The sign says, 3 ton limit, and 8 foot clearance. Wow.

But in the video, which shows hiway 123, south of Lurton, where hiway 7, 16, and 123 all come together, or split, depending on your direction of travel. Heading south on 7, 123 makes a VERY sharp right hand turn and starts heading west. Several miles in and you encounter that bridge.

Heading west, ( more or less) 123 eventually drops you out at Lamar, near Clarksville. Its a tiny little 'wine-dee' road used by the loggers, and not much traffic on it at all, as you could see in the video. I know there are lots better roads, but thats one we ended up on, based on the recomendation from a local earlier in the day at a lunch stop.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=35.677361,-93.235323&spn=0.004488,0.00692&t=h&z=17

Edited by tx2sturgis

me and 6 others left the week b4 BBB started and stayed the whole time. We saw a Harley catch on fire on the main drag on Friday and when we started to leave Friday night we saw a guy stumble getting off his bike and knock 5 other bikes down like dominos.

One of the guys test drove the Harley 3 wheeler and when he got off the interstate there was no sign so he got lost and it took him an hour to get back when it was supposed to be a 15 minute ride. They had already notofied the cops and they were looking for him when he got back. They got mad a took his paper back that he filled out so he could test ride and would not let him ride any more.

Went on a lot of great rides and will definately go back. Lyle

It really was a great video. I did recognize quite a few of those cracks in the road!! What surprized me was the small town with the water tower - I just do not remember it anywhere. Oh well, I have been living in Springdale, just north of Fayetteville by four miles, for nearly 2.5 years, and drove through the B-B-BBQ rally on my way to Texas last weekend. As of today I will have three weekends and four weeks to find that mysterious water tower as I am moving out of Arkansas back home to Sugar Land Texas on October 31. My bike and I will try to get real familiar with Arkansas before I go home. And the colors are just now starting to turn!! I love Arkansas!

Guest tx2sturgis
What surprized me was the small town with the water tower - I just do not remember it anywhere. .........As of today I will have three weekends and four weeks to find that mysterious water tower as I am moving out of Arkansas back home to Sugar Land Texas on October 31. My bike and I will try to get real familiar with Arkansas before I go home. And the colors are just now starting to turn!! I love Arkansas!

Well, the water tower was in western OK.....we were on the way home....i was trying to show we were back in the flats..." Were not in arKANSAS anymore Toto!"

:moon: