IGNORED

Carbs Still????

Thought i fixed the problem but idle still creeps up and goes down, not as bad but still there. Vacuum leak??

QUESTION: If i take everything off the carbs (Tank and disconnect all hoses) and I have a way to feed them gas, shouldn't they run normal since there will be no vacuum loss or will there...

I took everything apart checked all the hose air intake and buttoned her up really good and at first I thought I had it fixed but same thing again idle started going up and then down making me think it';s one of the carbs, I refuse to take it to a shop They want $89 to check and MAYBE tell me whats wrong. I did the vacuum check with carb spray to see if there was a leak and the idle did increase the problem is when I do that it's very hard to tell EXACTLY where it is you really can't spray an inch wide spot just an area and when I took everything off it all looked fine......SO HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by usedcyclesales

Interesting - I had exactly the same sympthom when I had taken the carbs off my bike and rejetted them. Thought I had everything correctly put together since the bike started right up and ran good. Then after about a half a minute the idle suddenly went way up and stayed there. I gave it a couple of full throttles and it eased out again but then suddenly started doing this again without me touching the throttle. Decided to take the bike for a spin and see if this would even out and dissapear. Nope - did not happen. O.K. Since I had taken the carbs off from the bike I knew that I had to sync the carbs and wondered if that would solve the issue. Well - could not sync them simply because the spring that seats behind one of the sync adjustment screws had popped out. Have another bike under restoration so I took the spring from there and put it in place - VOLLA - everything back to normal.

I did also spray all the moving parts on the outer side of the carbs with WD40 just to be sure everything was moving freely and also made sure the throttle cables were correctly seated and routed.

Not sure if this is your trouble but the symptoms sound the same.

Here is a picture of the location of the spring I lost and caused the problem - at least I think it is this spring I was missing. I have a photograph of the spring and location in my office but wont be there till next morning. Let me know if you want me to send you the photo.

Hope this helps.

Interesting - I had exactly the same sympthom when I had taken the carbs off my bike and rejetted them. Thought I had everything correctly put together since the bike started right up and ran good. Then after about a half a minute the idle suddenly went way up and stayed there. I gave it a couple of full throttles and it eased out again but then suddenly started doing this again without me touching the throttle. Decided to take the bike for a spin and see if this would even out and dissapear. Nope - did not happen. O.K. Since I had taken the carbs off from the bike I knew that I had to sync the carbs and wondered if that would solve the issue. Well - could not sync them simply because the spring that seats behind one of the sync adjustment screws had popped out. Have another bike under restoration so I took the spring from there and put it in place - VOLLA - everything back to normal.

I did also spray all the moving parts on the outer side of the carbs with WD40 just to be sure everything was moving freely and also made sure the throttle cables were correctly seated and routed.

Not sure if this is your trouble but the symptoms sound the same.

Here is a picture of the location of the spring I lost and caused the problem - at least I think it is this spring I was missing. I have a photograph of the spring and location in my office but wont be there till next morning. Let me know if you want me to send you the photo.

Hope this helps.

Don't need photo but in my case the idle goes up then down so could just be a bad spring i know this bike sat for a very long time so I'm gonna tear it apart again and grease it up good button her up and give it a go. The difference with mine is originally the idle stayed high first time i sprayed WD it went high then low then high then low I tore it apart looking for vacuum leak sprayed the carbs put sea foam in them and let it sit over night . Ran good for a while then idled back up but not nearly as high then down so maybe bad spring. The bike was garaged in Panama City Florida but salt air even if it's garaged effects everything THANKS:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo