IGNORED

Same old headlight ???

I went to go for a late afternoon ride today,:)(its 65 out in NW Arkansas).

While doing my pretrip, I found that I have no:( High beam, I changed the bulb and it still is out. I have no powerr to the bulb from the comp.:confused24:

I know that there is a fix somplace in the 1st gen teck area, but I'm unable to locate it.

I would like some smarta$$ remarks and then maybe someone could point me to the tec page on the repair. I do not want to pull the dash so I'm stuck with the rewire,by the way its an 83.

What you are experiencing is very typical of the CMS in the middle of the dash needing to be resoldered. It is not a big job to do it and many on here have done it with good results. I really would suggest you do this before you start rewiring the headlight system.

RandyA

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33328

And then while you are in the CMS You can do the jumpering so that it is ready to accept LED tail and brake lights and a HID headlight.

You have to be careful riding the 1st gens, If you go to fast and exceed the speed of light then the photons end up getting stuck in the light which backs up the power and causes problems. A more powerful bulb will force the light out even at warp speed.

Well you asked for some smartass comments........

And then while you are in the CMS You can do the jumpering so that it is ready to accept LED tail and brake lights and a HID headlight.

You have to be careful riding the 1st gens, If you go to fast and exceed the speed of light then the photons end up getting stuck in the light which backs up the power and causes problems. A more powerful bulb will force the light out even at warp speed.

I'd like to know more of what you mean by jumepering. Do you mean have the lights on hand already, and then hard wire the brake and headlights directly to it???

AND IT HAS BEEN:stickinouttounge: V-MAXED!!!:stirthepot:

Found an extra cmm from an old frame,:) and took it apart as your post. I did indeed find several solder joints cracked, :(they were re soldered, I'll install it in the afternoon tomarrow to check it out.:080402gudl_prv:

After installing the repaired unit, if it workes I'II do the same to the oem from this bike and keep it on the shelf with the spair speedo.

• 2 weeks later...

Finnaly got the repaired cms back into the bike. ALL IS WELL.:bighug:

Thank you for the info on this fix,:) I was thinking about doing the wire tap thing, but could not find it. This was a much better fix.:cool10:

Now to resolder the extra CMS that I have, and maybe someone will need one someday.:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::ice_thy-vi101212101