Thread: Co hwy 50

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Co hwy 50

was looking into a trip that i would to take. anybody got anything on hwy 50 from Pueblo to Montrose?

United States
    CA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the looks of it the ride should be scenic. The Million Dollar Highway from Gunison south to Durango might be a must do ride. There's a ton of info on the area using Google.

http://g.co/maps/mrjgg

If you get north of Denver there is also some awesome roads. Ah heck, the whole dam state is scenic.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default roads

yea i googl earthed it and it looks like a wonderful ride accros there i was just wondering if there is anything i should watch for and do's and don't things. been on the million dollar hwy from grand juction to durango with a crew cab truck and a 30' fith wheel camper it was something that i will never forget all those switch backs.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a nice ride over Monarch Pass and thru Gunnison and around Blue Mesa Reservoir then you get to the twisties..nice ride but dont miss going South on US 550 down to Durango.FANTASTIC>

United States
    NV
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did that ride a few years ago in early June. Was running hard to beat snow over Monarch Pass. It was raining at our elevation and snow line seemed to be about 800 ft higher. Lots of fun. Big wide road with truck lanes on the uphills and beautiful scenery. As others said you should do the 550 ride down to Durango. Much tougher ride thought with 2 lane road very few if any truck lanes and some severe switchbacks but wow the scenery is phenomenal.
    Ride Happy, Ride Safe

AKRefugee

Hidden Content

United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ride

Have ridden that hwy twice this summer. Beautiful ride along the Gunnison and just before you get to Montrose (15 miles east) you need to take a hour or two and ride into the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Very impressive views of a smaller verison of the Grand Canyon. For sure if you ride to Montrose go south through Quray, and Silverton Colorado. I spend most of my free weekends rideing in Colorado and there are not any bad roads except the Interstates.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Rider View Post
    was looking into a trip that i would to take. anybody got anything on hwy 50 from Pueblo to Montrose?