IGNORED

Hard Core Gun Nutz

Condor

From a few of my past gun posts most of you folks have figured out I'm into, and collect, Single Action Remington and Colt Revolvers. The collecting part is limited to reproductions since there is no way on God's green earth I could afford the real McCoy.... So I scratch my itch with Italian repro's.. I just picked up a copy of a Colt Walker for my collection in an auction last week, and then received an email from RIA linking to this great video discussing the Colt Walker. Made my day...

67.jpg

That repro looked familiar, but I'll probably never hold one of the originals... And that original in the video might not have been a 1 of 1000. I've seen a few repro's that have been 'antiqued' and they look really old, but take the grips off and they're all nice a shiny underneath, and the bore and rifling are perfect. Some folks like the look of patina. More like an original.. I won't mention any names, but I think I've found one coming up in an auction that I'm watching very closely... :-) It's an 1851 Navy that looks like it's been antiqued... Antiques are pretty easy to spot. If the bore is shiny and the cap nipples are fairly clean, but the rest of the gun looks like it's been rode hard and put away wet... It's been antiqued. They even sell chem's that you can use to get the DIYS patina look... And for some reason they bring more money...??

That repro looked familiar, but I'll probably never hold one of the originals... And that original in the video might not have been a 1 of 1000. I've seen a few repro's that have been 'antiqued' and they look really old, but take the grips off and they're all nice a shiny underneath, and the bore and rifling are perfect. Some folks like the look of patina. More like an original.. I won't mention any names, but I think I've found one coming up in an auction that I'm watching very closely... :-) It's an 1851 Navy that looks like it's been antiqued... Antiques are pretty easy to spot. If the bore is shiny and the cap nipples are fairly clean, but the rest of the gun looks like it's been rode hard and put away wet... It's been antiqued. They even sell chem's that you can use to get the DIYS patina look... And for some reason they bring more money...??

I am curious if you ever fire your reporoductions? If so how do they handle? I have never owned a firearm that I didn't shoot, and I don't know why anyone wouldn't shoot one that they owned. Being a practical person, they are meant to be enjoyed and bring food to the table or defend and protect.:backinmyday::thumbsup2:

:farmer:

I am curious if you ever fire your reporoductions? If so how do they handle? I have never owned a firearm that I didn't shoot, and I don't know why anyone wouldn't shoot one that they owned. Being a practical person, they are meant to be enjoyed and bring food to the table or defend and protect.:backinmyday::thumbsup2:

I'm a collector Sly. I probably have over 60 guns in my collection and if I fired every one of them the ammo cost alone would put me in the poor house...:mo money:

I just like the looks of the old single action late 1800's westerns, and to be honest I haven't shot one of them... Basically 'cause I don't want to clean them... :-) I do have everything needed to get one runnin', so maybe one of these days?? Nothing wrong with your thinking, I'm of the same mind. Pheasant, quail, Ducks, Antelope, Deer, Elk.... Haven't shot anyone.... yet.... :-)