IGNORED

Having Fun at Harley Demo Days

SilvrT

Nina & I went for a ride on a new Ultra Limited. Still like these bikes and still would like to own one. (can anyone actually afford to OWN one? LOL)

Couple pros & cons I noticed comparing to my Vic ...

Limited space for positioning my feet ... about twice as much movement area on my Vic.

More wind on my knees with the Harley.

Definitely doesn't have the power my Vic has although the Harley is more torquey at lower rpm.

The Harley is a smooth, comfortable ride and Nina really like the rear seat area.

They now have a "Low" version which is a tad lower seating ... didn't get to ride that one but did sit on it and it seemed the ergonomics for the driver were better.

It was also Victory Demo Days (which is basically across the street). We took a Vision out for a ride ... wasn't overly impressed ... just not my cuppa tea.

A few vids for you to enjoy... or not LOL

https://youtu.be/FkJpTuvxvIU

https://youtu.be/Y_iUCWo0wtI

I have had my 2014 flhtk ultra limited for a couple of weeks now and really like it a lot. It is a more straight up and down seating for the driver for sure. Never noticed a wind difference yet and my wife also says it is roomier on the back. It is hard for me to compare to my old 2004 Venture because 4 cylinders and a drive shaft made it smoother all around. One thing I do not miss is the heavy front end of the Venture. The Harley feels so much more nimble at slow speeds. I would like to ride a twin cylinder bike of the same size in a metric to compare the smoothness of idle. Once moving the Harley is pretty smooth. As to whom can afford one I am not sure as it is the most money I have ever spent on a vehicle but it was on my bucket list and I am not getting any younger. I just spent my kids inheritance. Lol

Went for a ride yesterday (Sunday) and wound up at another Harley dealer where demo days were happenin.

Got to ride the Ultra Limited "Low". .. the GREEN one!! Really like that green LOL

Seat is less padded and frame is dropped 1.5 inches. As well, the handle bars are slightly different in that they're curved inwards a bit.

Very different feel compared to the regular Ultra because of that.

Felt like I was sitting too far forward and by the end of the demo ride I could tell that my back would get sore before too long. Maybe a backrest would help.

Compared to my Vic, the floorboards on both Harleys felt very cramped and leg position was uncomfortable. I kept having difficulty getting on the foot brake.

Lot more wind against the knees, bottom of my arms and shoulders compared to the Vic.

Plus side, the Ultra is very smooth and nimble. Not as powerful as my Vic but still ample get up and go for anyone's needs.

For me, the Vic wins hands down in power, rider comfort / ergonomics. Handling is about equal but different. Harley wins on paint quality. FWIW, I noticed zero engine heat on the Harley.

Very very well done Silv!! Enjoyed your presentation and appreciated it greatly!! Looks like you and the misses had a ball - what its all about brother!! :thumbsup:

Heyyyy,, couldnt help but hear the background music in the first vid,, guess they knew some Victory riders were gonna show :big-grin-emoticon::crackup::crackup::crackup::witch_brew::witch_brew::whistling::duck::doh: