IGNORED

Front Turn Signal Lamps

Anybody else getting wet inside their front turn signal/running lamp housings? If so, any good fix? Yesterday a friend pointed out that I had a burnt out bulb. Opened it up to change it and it is all corroded. Screws were rusted, inner receptacle was rusted. Never noticed it upon inspection in the past, but it was rusted enough to have been happening for a while. The rubber gasket appeared in tact. Think this is covered under the 5 year?

Thanks in advance,

TTW

This is pretty common with the left front turn signal when passing lights are mounted. Water runs down the bar and into the slot on the back of the mount. Best solution is to goop up the gaps and holes with silicone or hot melt glue. Not sure why the water causes the bulb to burn out, but that happens a lot too. The only one I had burn out was the left front after it got water in it! Don't waste money on Yamahaha bulbs. If your 04 uses the hokey three-pin base bulbs, just use a normal 1157 and knock off one of the pins to index it correctly. I have documented this in other old threads, so do a search. Good luck,

Goose

Don't waste money on Yamaha bulbs. If your 04 uses the hokey three-pin base bulbs, just use a normal 1157 and knock off one of the pins to index it correctly.

The 1157 bulbs are good but I recommend you get 2357 bulbs and cut off the same pin instead. With the 2375 series bulbs you will have an increase in the light output over stock or the 1157 bulbs.

2357LL for the brake lamp.

2357A for all the turn signals.

Read THIS thread for more info.

And if you live near me, like Two Tone White does, I'll help you install them.......... Just send me a PM.