IGNORED

ipod issue freezing while on scoot.

jprider4life

i have i ipod thats been freezy up on me while on the bike only, i even bought a ipod mount for the scoot and no diffrent, but when i use it in the car for longer then 2 hr not once did it freezy. can some one help me and tell me what can i do about this thanks.:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

What kind of iPod? The ones with hard drives cannot handle the jolts on the bike.

If it does have a hard drive, pick up a 2nd gen shuffle or one that does not use a hard drive. I use a 2nd gen shuffle as my 1st gen was giving up (ok, I know it is coming, lol). The shuffle hangs on the lower bar below the volume controller real well.

I've heard this problem before and I have pretty much reached the conclusion that the problem is with the mounts that hold them tightly. I think that allows too much vibration to be transmitted to the IPOD. I have mine in a clip that just allows it to hand/swing from the handlebar and I've never had a problem with it locking up.

I think the best solution is to use something like an IPOD Nano with a memory chip instead of the regular IPOD's hard drive. If I ever buy a new one, that is what I will get but mine works fine the way it is mounted.

Here is what I use. I picked up a case for it with the simple button on the back like is used on some cell phone cases and clips.

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Case-Accessories/Bike-Holder