IGNORED

Simple Tire Balancing

I recently purchased the Harbor Freight tire change with motorcycle kit. I still have to wait for the hardware which was lost when the box split open in shipping. :doh: I have two questions for those of you who do your own tires:

1) My main concern is balancing. I know I used to use a gadget that balanced with a level on a cone mounted on a simple spindle at a shop I worked at decades ago. Was thinking I could find something like that cheap but haven't found one yet. Any thoughts on a simple mechanism like that to do balancing?

2) Also wondering where I can get decent valves cheap.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The very best way to balacnce your motorcycle wheel is to run the axle through the centre while its off the bike, set the ends of the axle on jack stands trying to get it level as possible. Spin the wheel, mark the spot at the bottom when it stops. Spin it again, mark the bottom where it stops. If it stops in a different spot every time, the wheel is balanced, if it stops in the same spot each time, you will need to counter weight the heavy spot on the opposite side of the rim. Then sin, spin again and so forth. This cna take a while but once you figure out what you are doing, it's easy and the MOST INEXPENSIVE way to balbnce your wheel.

Ace.