IGNORED

Loose connection in headset

johnny-canuck

I have headset for 3/4 helmets. They are 1 1/2 years old and I now have a loose connection in my helmet. It is where the cord from the bike attaches to the side of the helmet. I most times now have to jiggle the connection to get the mic and speakers to work. I haven't tried pulling it apart as I figure that will be a winter project. It is a really poor design as the cord and sticks out at the bottom of the helmet. (I really don't like Yamaha accessories)

Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it? I ride an 07 Midnight.

Thanks,

John

Sorry John but you didn't give us enough information.....

1. What brand are the head sets?

2. Do you have a one or two piece cord between the head set and the bike?

3. When you "jiggle" the connection are you moving the cable?

I'd suspect the the answer to my third question is yes and that is where the problem is. If you have a J & M set up with the split cord then you can buy just that short piece. I have split the connector and repaired broken wires in the past but I don't mess with it anymore. The repairs usually don't last long and it a lot of aggravation.

I'm not saying the problem could not be in the helmet connector itself but in all the years I've used one it's never happen to me.....

They are J&M. They come from Yamaha. It is a two piece from the helmet to the bike. It could be in the cord, but I have to play with the connector on the side of the helmet to get it to work. Moving the connector also moves the cord, so it is hard to say.

I was out yesterday playing in the rain and it worked fine all day. Other days, I have to play with it everytime I want to talk.