Where the heck are the vacuum pump, actuator, and the solenoid valve for the cruise control located?? My cruise doesn't work, and I've got a whistle somewhere under the fairing! Aside from driving me crazy, I really would like the cruise to work!!:bang head:

I'm guessing the whistle is coming from one of the vacuum lines because my engine runs great, pulls hard, and doesn't miss or sputter. I'm getting 40mpg, and I ride kinda fast to and from work (70 - 80mph), 40 miles round trip everyday.:banana:

The cruise has worked on and off since I bought the bike three years ago. One of the problems was a worn out clutch lever, then a bad switch on the clutch side. When I do the ops check that the service manual offers, everything checks out good. I just need to check the vacuum lines, but I have to find them first!!!

The actuator and pump are on the upper left frame, just inside the upper fairing... Rather tough to get to with the left, upper fairing still mounted

item 16 (pump) and 13 (vacuum actuator)

http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/partimage.gifx?d=41729,4,0

The actuator and pump are on the upper left frame, just inside the upper fairing... Rather tough to get to with the left, upper fairing still mounted

item 16 (pump) and 13 (vacuum actuator)

I had my pump out and it was on the Right. I believe the Actuator is on the left as I didn't see it on the right.