IGNORED

tire balance

wild hair 39

anyone tried those tire balance BB,just put 1oz of dove & quail shot,in my front tire,sames to be working,put 170 mls on yesterday-now will try them in the back tire

lowell:detective::confused24:

How do you know how much bird shot to put in Lowell. Too much or too little could cause problems. Ride-on will do much the same thing, and they suggest taking the scoot for a 4-5 mile ride after putting the ooze in to balance things out..

lowell.

just a dumb thought here,.

i used to have a rock polisher made from a small riding lawnmower tire.home made.lol

problem was, the small rocks wore through the middle of the tire, very quickly.

i wonder if the bird shot will have the same effect, at highway speeds.

might be a good idea to check the INSIDE of you tire after a couple hundred miles.

. ride safe,

just jt

the true story is,i put a new tire on the front,forgot to balance it,before i put RIDE-ON in,tire seamed to dribble a little,at 75 mph,so what the heck,i was going to have to clean,the RIDE-ON out to balance it anyway,so,had sume old shot gun shells[lead shot],Q & D ,checked to see if they would go thro the valve stem,so in they went--1 oz is what is in one shell,now only time will tell,don't thank they will be moving around to mutch with the RIDE_ON,maybe i should call RIDE-ON to check :detective::confused24:

• 3 weeks later...

I found this thread very interesting....However, I found an easy way to install the bird shot...I didn't mess with the valve stem. I loaded my trusty 16 gage goose gun and shot all the bbs in the front tire..I got em all in there too. Trouble is, now the tire won't hold air. Soooo, I don't know if its balanced or not........Just kidding....

The lead shot should only be rolling in the tire at low speeds. Once you are moving the lead will find it's balance point and even out, therefore the tire is balanced at a higher speed. Granted the lead shot is smaller, softer, and not as abrasive as rocks and grinding powder, but after quite a few miles it would probably start to wear the inside of the tire.

So that being said, just don't go SLOW!!!, go from stops to traveling speed as quickly as you can, and the same for stopping and there should never be a problem!!

Like I've said before

:225:Drive fast, take chances!!!!