IGNORED

Microphones

Guest Eviljester

Guest Eviljester

What mic would fit the Venture S 2008? I need to buy a mic for a Venture I am planning to buy in a few weeks and it dosent have a mic.

Cheers :)

Here is what I bought from Sierra-MC this spring and I love it.

JM-HS-8154-OF-VALUE PRICED 5 PIN HEADSET OPEN FACE

Value-priced (open face) 5-pin headset with boom mike & single-section hook-up cord

List Price: $79.99

Price: $59.00

Sierra-MC ships USPS. Mine cost me $92 Cdn in my hands. This included S & H, Customs fee and all applicable taxes. I thought it was quite acceptable.

Cheers

Did you want to buy JUST a mic. without headsets, or the mic. and headset combo like Maritimer posted?

Which brings up an interesting point. If you just use a mic. to transmit, and have the system set for speakers, does the mic. still work on the headset cord even with the system set for speakers?

.... If you just use a mic. to transmit, and have the system set for speakers, does the mic. still work on the headset cord even with the system set for speakers?

I don't like the music (or anything, for that matter) directly in my ears, so I run with the audio system set to speakers, while having my headset plugged in. Plus, it is illegal in PA to have audio other than communications coming through the headsets on a motorcycle - not that I'm concerned about getting a ticket for that. Anyway, the mic still works for intercom, CB & cell phone with the audio coming through the external speakers -- except for the intercom audio which always comes through the headsets.