IGNORED

Bikes, Blues, & Barbeque, Fayetteville AR, 24-27 Sep

FJR Rider

Anyone planning on going to BBB in Fayetteville, 24-27 Sep? http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

We're riding down from Suamico (Green Bay) for a much more important reason than the rally, arriving in Lowell (just up the road) on Sun the 21st. We'll be in town until the 27th, and then riding back home.

Since we're going to be in town for that MUCH MORE IMPORTANT reason :) and there with the RSV, might as well stop by the rally :). Anyone interest in a M&E say Wed, Thurs, or Fri? In case you see more than one Black Cherry RSV with pinstriping and lots of chrome, and a WISCONSIN plate that week in the BBB area, the better looking one is mine!

Curt

Edited by FJR Rider

Will probably ride up on Thursday but my schedule is chockerblock full before and after so I'm not sure yet. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if it works out.

BTW Brenda and I enoyed the ride across WI back in July - until we stopped at a rest area for lunch. The mosquitoes chased us out of the shade - had to eat our sandwiches in the hot sun. Mossies were too smart to chase us there.

Lynn

• 1 month later...

Anyone else coming in for BBB? We're already in the area...have a couple of friends from another site coming in Thursday and hope to ride with them Friday AM---everyone is welcome to join us.

Also plan on hooking up with some of the FJR guys Thursday and Friday PM.

Curt

We're planning on going over to BBB on Saturday - work schedules won't allow anything else. We're only about 1 1/2 hours away.

Mountain View, AR is some real nice riding - you'll have a great time. Also live music on the town square on Friday and Saturday night.

in october myself and a bunch of my army buddies are going to mountain view ar. never been there never heard of it but we are still going.

anyone know if it is good bike riding in that area,also what is the weather like in early october there.we will be camping in mountain view.

There are some truly great roads to ride around Mountain View. Hway 9 from just North of town toward Melbourne is the crookedest road in Arkansas. The scenery on any of these roads in October should be fantastic with the colors on. There are also lots of other things to see in the area. You'll enjoy it.

Lynn

I live in Lincoln, about 30 miles from Fayetteville. Of course we'll be going to BBBQ, do every year. The weather is supposed to be fantastic for riding and we'll be making the best of it. Look for a 97 black/mustard clasic. Lets ride!

Cathy and I went down (from Lowell) Thursday and Friday. Didn't stop on Dickson Street on Thursday, but did spend a couple of hours at the "track" facility, getting in a demo ride on the Victory Vision and a little T-Shirt shopping.

Friday we started out at Bill Eddy's Motorsports for a "free" pancake breakfast. Even though we haven't lived in the area since mid-99, I consider Bill (and Steve) as long-time friends and try to stop in there whenever we're down to see our daughter. After breakfast we headed out to the "track" again and got in a test ride on the HD Ultra. Then headed up to Dickson Street.

Cathy and I wandered up and down Dickson taking in the sites and sounds..it was okay, but honestly not any different than what we get going up to the Tomahawk (WI) Fall Colors Ride in mid-September. We did see quite a few RSVs and 1st Gen Ventures in the Fayetteville area, both on Dickson Street and at the "track." Must not have been anyone from the VentureRiders (or Venturers) though because I know Venturers would have responded to my earlier posts!

Curt