IGNORED

clearview install issue?

jburrell

I put in the clearview and when I went to install the chrome piece in sits in there fine but on the l side the hole is bigger than the bolt that came out. The backing is gone from inside the hole and originally I dropped the bolt inside and had to retrieve it.The r side is fine so the chrome piece is up there but I am afraid to leave it with one bolt as I believe a wind may yank it off. I guess I could get a slightly longer bolt and use a washer but I think that would be unsightly.

Any suggestions??? All ideas welcome. I am sure I am not the first to have to face this!!

Thanks

jb :thumbsup:

Ponch I have the old bolt but there is nothi ng to firm it up against. IN other words the bolt will not pull down on the clip and hold it in place. I guess I will pick up a washer and see what I can do from there. Come over sat morning if you have a chance. Call me for direcions. I am 1 block S of SC and 1 block w of Eldridge.

thanks

jb :thumbsup:

Sorry JB,

I'm out of town Saturday. Going to Waco to see my folks. May be able to swing by Sunday afternoon (if not mowing). With all the rain we've had this week, it ought to be about knee deep by the time it stops.

Ponch :95: