IGNORED

I pod experts

MikeM8560

Ive got an I pod i use on my venture. loaded the song on from my home pc. then i got a second i pod that i set up at my office. my question is , I think it i was to take hte i pod from work and plug it in at home the song on it would be replaced with the song on my home playlist right? but is there a way to say add the stuff i bought work ( on pc there ) and add it to my home playlist and or i pod? :confused24::confused24:

Guest earthquakemcgoo

you could possibly get a 1 to 4 gig flash drive and move the music from one library to another. if you have more music than that move it by letter for example artists a thru c first etc.. it may take some time but it could be done. or if you have a book drive like a 120 g or whatever you could move the whole library and add to the other computer. Just a thought

Harry

Edited by earthquakemcgoo
added more

There's a ton of help for this on the Apple forums. The people there can explain it better than I can.

But there is a way to make a backup at work, transfer the back up to home then restore it at home.

Remember that copy music that you did not pay for is illegal.

You can have as many different IPODS as you wish connected to the same computer and each can have it's own playlist. All you have to do is set up playlists you use on one or the other. Just turn off the auto-synch function. Control what you copy from the library by only synching manually with some playlists and not others.

I have not had that issue because I always used one computer and one account. I would check the apple forums as I am sure tons of people have and are in the same boat. There is a feature for transferring purchases but do not know anything about it. You may end up losing the music that way though if they are iTunes store purchases.

You really need to use one computer and one account to eliminate this issue from now on.

A work around would be to burn them as a CD (creating a CD format disk (CDA) - 10 -14 songs) and bring them to the other computer and then importing them. When you do this, you will need to add the song and group name back to the music. Make sure to add the same info exactly from the original (song number in stuff) to get the album art back.

The CD is not wasted, leave it your car to use - if you have a cd player in it.