IGNORED

leaking anti-dive valve, HELP

Guest fawnpugsx2

Guest fawnpugsx2

I have the right anti-dive valve on th front fork that started leaking at the weep hole. Does anyone know how to fix or where to get one as I found none on e-bay. I have replaced the o-rings and that didnt fix problem.

I have the right anti-dive valve on th front fork that started leaking at the weep hole. Does anyone know how to fix or where to get one as I found none on e-bay. I have replaced the o-rings and that didnt fix problem.

Check with Bongobobny, as he plans to change his front forks over to the Mk2.

Also call this place, as they are closer & had a 1st gen at their salvage location last December, when I was around there (think it was a Mk1, can't remember off hand)......

Victoria Motorcycle Sales & Salvage

D-611 David Street, Victoria, BC V8T 2C9

Telephone : 250-383-1912

Edited by Rocket

Robert, what weep hole??? Need more info....

Guest fawnpugsx2

after un bolting , on back side at top there is a weep hole or maybe an air hole. fluid is coming from there. I have since just placed a piece of sheet metal and used some right stuff sealant and just sealed off the forkl oil from getting to the anti-dive valve, so afr no leak.temp fix till i get a different one.

I believe all started when I had to slam on brakes to avoid a person in a truck that almost hit me when he pulled out right in front of me.

after un bolting , on back side at top there is a weep hole or maybe an air hole. fluid is coming from there. I have since just placed a piece of sheet metal and used some right stuff sealant and just sealed off the forkl oil from getting to the anti-dive valve, so afr no leak.temp fix till i get a different one.

I believe all started when I had to slam on brakes to avoid a person in a truck that almost hit me when he pulled out right in front of me.

I've never had one of the AD's off to take a look at it, but it doesn't make sense that there's a weep hole without an 'O' ring seal between the surfaces to keep it from leaking. An air hole maybe, if it's got one of those accordian bladders internally that keep air and moisture away from the fluid like those in the master cylinder gaskets?? Like I said I've never been face to face with one.. Interesting.....