IGNORED

Alot of Bikers on the Parkway in Virginia this weekend

roadwarrior

Guest Boomerbiker

The Parkway is one of my favorite rides and I will always remember mile post 28.5 where the clueless Lexus driver took out my first Venture in November of 2006. I have ridden it three times since then, including this spring. I will be in Richmond, Va, for a conference in late September and plan to ride the bike to tour the Parkway after. A hidden gem beyond the southern terminus is the Cherohala Skyway. Just a great ride and few cagers along the way. Everyone who has ridden the Parkway has a favorite section. For me, it is probably Waynesboro to Roanoke, but that could change next trip.

I did a big section of the Parkway in North Carolina and Virginia on my way home from vacation last month. Wonderful road--made for motorcycles. I hope to do that again. I did it during the week, and had very low traffic.

--Ken

There is a motorcycle campground in Williville VA and a little bar and grill (Tuggles Gap bar and grill) off the parkway in Floyd VA..I counted over 100 bikes all models and and types.It has great food and is right of the parkway.Soutern Virginia is my favorite ride.

The Parkway is one of my favorite rides and I will always remember mile post 28.5 where the clueless Lexus driver took out my first Venture in November of 2006. I have ridden it three times since then, including this spring. I will be in Richmond, Va, for a conference in late September and plan to ride the bike to tour the Parkway after. A hidden gem beyond the southern terminus is the Cherohala Skyway. Just a great ride and few cagers along the way. Everyone who has ridden the Parkway has a favorite section. For me, it is probably Waynesboro to Roanoke, but that could change next trip.

I live just outside of Richmond, so give me a buzz when your trip gets closer and we can meet up for dinner and maybe I'll tag along for your BRP ride. BTW, what is the conference that you'll be in town for?

A group of my fellow US Navy Vetrans rode down to Natural Bridge on Saturday and up the Blue Ridge Parkway, then onto Skyline Drive.

We got off at Route 33 and scooted home.

NICE ride!!!!

BTW we found out that if you have a VA disability you can get an America the Beautiful Acess Pass which will get you into national parks for free... I have one!!!!!!

It also MAY get you a 50% discount on camping...

Click HERE to learn more.