IGNORED

Component integration????

az1103

This is probably not the right place to post this but I am not sure where it would best fit......So here it goes...

I have a friend who decided to mix brands (bad idea).:yikes: Anyhow, he ended up with a Starcom integrator and 5 pin mini-din headsets , a Zumo550 and a J&M 2003 CB . All great components BUT!......:smile5: The J&M has 6 pin dins and requires amplified mike..... His headsets are dynamic mini 5pin Dins. What's needed is a transition adaptor!!!

Both manufacturers are less than helpfull....Do any of you have experience with this or a source?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :bowdown:

Buy, 5 and 6 PIN Din Plugs at Radio Shack, some #18 wire, a soldering iron, some rosin core solder, some Heat shrink tubeing, some black tape, and Build the Conversion Cable as needed.

( I Know, that sounds Scarry )

Does he know the pin-out of each system would be my first question. If so, then GeorgeS is on the right track. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I think the Zumo will plug directly into the J&M unit so the headset is the real problem. Getting the correct head set may the BEST and easiest fix.... Yup it means $$$ but he should be able to recover some of that by selling the un-needed stuff... :smile5::smile5: