IGNORED

Shoe/Boot Rain Protection?

Guest Mikie

Guest Mikie

When you have to ride in the rain, do you wear any type of covers for your shoes/boots, or just a spray on waterproofing?:confused24:

Guest BluesLover

I bought a pair of boot cover-ups. Found the ones that HD has are a little pricy, but because they have a hard sole, they're worth the extra $s. I had tried a set of Frogg Toggs but the material for the sole is too flimsy.

Cheers,

Guest Lowdan

This really isn't a reply to the original post however I just wanted to comment on the pricy Harley stuff.

Since buying my Harley i have come to notice "everything" associated with Harley is pricy. I was in the shop this past monday having a service done and like most of us while the mech was doing his thing I browsed the shop.

I am amazed at some of the things they have and the asking price, I mean they don't even sneeze when ringing that stuff up, lol

They had a stack of shirts with a sign "New Arrivals," these were soft faded blue denim shirts with no sleeves and a small Harley logo on the pocket. $49.95...

A young lady and man came in and she bought two of those shirts two black half helmets and some other junk I am certain they could have lived without. Their total came to well over five hundred. she didin't hesitate as she wrote that check.

Makes me wonder where folks get their money? I have never been able to spend like that.

But I am blessed because I have always been comfortable and not sure I would spend like that if I could afford it...

Guest comotorcycleguy

I always ride in leather boots... and my riding boots are weatherproofed. the only time I've ever had a problem with my feet getting wet was during a rainstorm near Boulder, CO and there was so much water on the road, that every time I met an oncoming car the splashback would run into the INSIDE of my chaps at the hip... and run down my legs and into the INSIDE of my boots. I finally stopped in Boulder at a restaurant, and you should have seen the look on the hostess's face when i walked in DRENCHED to the bone... As she was seating me... another employee came along after me with a mop... and they kept it handy to keep mopping around me as I dripped onto the floor... I LEFT A HUGE TIP!!!

Guest Katydid

I rode the Blue Ridge last year during Hurricane Ernesto (not the smartest thing to do) and had my boots coated with "Camp Dry", a 3M product. Sprayed them each morning, and never had a drop of rain get through. You could see the water bead up and run off. I get it at Walmart. Just my 2 cents worth.

:225:

Last year my feet were like a wick. I had on a rain suit but no real foot protection. Everything was soaked to the crotch.

I just bought a pair of overboot rain covers. The heel is cut out on them to still give you some traction on your feet. They are made of nylon and will fit in the saddle bags and take up no room at all. Not to sure how they work cause it just quit snowing up here in Ontario last week.

Check out the link below. I got them from New Enough.

http://www.newenough.com/raingear/over_boots/tour_master/motorcycle_rain_overboots.html

The best thing I've found is riding boots with Gore-Tex lining. Gore-Tex keeps water out, but still breathes so it lets your foot moisture evaporate out thru the leather. There are quite a few brands on the market now, at sorta reasonable prices...between $100 - $150. I've had mine for about 3 seasons now. They are great. Waterproof in the rain, but they let moisture out, so your feet stay dry whether it's hot, and when it's raining. Mine are sort of like this, only not this brand. I paid about $200 for them 2 or 3 years ago, well worth the money. But I've seen other brands lately on sale for less.

http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=402&productId=p3406040&leafCatId=40201&mmyId=

I use my ole trusty Saddle Butter to repell water and to condition my boots and leathers . Even had my Marine freinds use it for their boots as they were in saltwater all the time in training . Kept them dry and limber if they used it correctly .

Gene