IGNORED

Question on Zumo 550 and bluetooth

WIKD

I have a Zumo 550 and have it paired with my Blackberry. I have the Nolan helmet wired with the J&M headset. The problem is although I can hear the person they can not hear me when I speak. Any ideas?

Do you have a mic cable spliced into the system? If not, you'll need Buddyrich's cable and you an search here for several threads relating the Zumo and the cable. If you have the cable and it's not working I have no idea.

DT

The bluetooth works between the phone and the Zumo. You need to be hardwired between the Zumo and the headset.

I expect you have the patch cord running between the Zumo and the Aux input next to the cassette player. That provides the hardwire between the Zumo and the speakers in your headset. In order to connect the mic to the Zumo, you need to wire the mic to the connector just below (or above, I don't remember which is which) the speaker output on the Zumo.

Buddyrich's cable will connect directly to the radio control box inside the fairing and out to the Zumo. There are two connections from the cable to the Zumo - one for the speakers, one for the mic. You no longer will use the patch cord to the Aux input next to the cassette. It works flawlessly.

When you get a call, you must have the radio control set to Aux. You tap the Zumo screen to accept the call, and talk away.

Good luck with the cable.

RR

Guest Road Ready

I have been wondering the same thing as well. I have just pressed ignore on the Zumo until I was able to pull over and call the person back. I will have to look for the cable you are talking about. Thank you for the information.:)

Oh I didn't realize that. What good is the bluetooth pairing if it doesn't work with a headset?

Thanks guys.

The BuddyRich cable allows you to use the blue tooth phone paired to the Zumo with existing wired Headset. The only other way would be to get a blue tooth Headset and that would be way more then the $40 ish for the BuddyRich cable.

Those who have it love it.