IGNORED

New Machine

Guest Michael Kleine

Guest Michael Kleine

Any truth to the rumor that Yamaha is doing a V Twin with fuel injection for a redesign of the Royal Star?:95:

If I want a Harley, i will buy a Harley.

I have the Royale because nobody makes a bike that I like except the old ones! New Wing is closest to what I like, but I don't like the ergonomics. Everybody else sells Harley Look alikes. At least the Royal star VEnture had a V4 water cooled.

I would be surprised if Yamaha goes with a big V-twin, but it could be.

I think they already did drop the name Royal Star Venture. The Venture is listed under Royal Star on the web site, but I don't see it anywhere on my 2007. It was on my 1999 and 2004, I believe on the tank badge. Most dealers I talk to don't want anymore Stratoliners do to slow sales. So maybe the 2009 Venture will replace the Royal Star Venture and Stratoliner. You have seen their ads for a Stratoliner with the Corbin fairing/bags.:bang head:

Wouldn't be a "Royal Star" anymore if it weren't a V-4 though. Still think they'll dump the new V-Max engine in it!

+1

I think it's inevitable. Just hope they don't change the basic styling of the RSV. It's a classic "old school" look that I dearly love.