IGNORED

Broke off

The plug broke off inside the auxillary input on the 2007 RSV. Can't get to it from the front. Will I have to take off fairing to get at it from the back? Will I be able to get it out from the back or not be able to use ? Also have a squeal in the sound system when only the front headset is plugged in. Sometimes it will squeal all the time sometimes only when you go over a bump. When the wife plugs in in never squeals. Dealer said it was mic feedback but it doesn't go away when I cover up the mic. Thanks

Put dielectric (spelling?)grease on plug in,if that does not help it is a problem with the plug or radio and warranty. The Aux DC should be under warranty unless you broke it,if they give any trouble(Yamaha dealer) Call Yamaha Corp. I had to on another issue and believe me they WILL do something if you call every hour for however long it takes. Tom

Greetings...

Let's see if I got this correct - A stereo plug broke off inside your aux input jack - and it's stuck in there? If that's correct - then try this - I've actually done it. If you are careful it will work. If you are sloppy - you'll have to clean up after yourself. And of course - It only works so long as you can actually see the broken end of the plug!

You'll need some superglue - and a needle. A cheap pair of high mag reading glasses - and a steady hand!

Wallmart has some $1 a tube cheap stuff...

Dip the needle in the small drop of Superglue at the end of the application tube - You DON'T want a large drop - the smallest you can get away with. Stick it on the exposed end of the plug and hold it until the needle stands up by itself.

Give it a few minutes to completely harden - a drop of water to accelerate it (or just breath on it!) - if you want.

Then put a drop of WD-40 in - It won't hurt anything and it makes the Detent more slippery! Then gently pull - straight up and out. Don't de-flex the needle - you'll break the superglue bead - straight out!!

The super glue should hold just long enough for you to get the plug past the 1st detent - where you can then grab it with a pair of needle nose pliars...

If you break the bead and fail to extract - do it again - building up a bigger and bigger 'mound' of superglue on top of the broken plug end. You might even try a very small penny nail - one with a divit in the head..

Or did I completely misread your post - and the aux plug itself broke off inside the panel? LOL!!

Edited by Kandaje