IGNORED

Hey everybody !!!!!

Iowawegian

Just wanted to let you know the we made it home safe!! Put on 2011 miles (which I know is just a short run for some of you!) through the Black Hills and just want to say thanks for all the input on the different roads to take! It was beautiful!! The best part of the trip was when each one of our boys came and told us it was the "best trip they've ever had"!

No cells, no tv's and no crowds. It's the perfect time of year to go out there!

Hubby had a lot of lookers & questions on his new carrier he built! It worked great!

Trying to catch up on the forums and just wanted to say it's been fun catching up on all the humor you clowns throw at each other!!

Great to see you all had a wonderful time!

The Black Hills are excellent for riding and seeing sites. That will be a holiday destination for us. Hopefully soon...depending on where next years annual venturerider meet is.

We are taking our kids to the meet in Kitchner this year and we both hope they will enjoy it as much as we do. Our daughter loves to ride but the son (15) is a typical teen...kind of "whatever" attitude sometimes...lol.

I'm glad you made it back safe & sound. I will be Lord willing taking that same trip in September. Could you list a few must see things for me? I'm riding from Michigan and back.

Thanks, BigD

You bet...

Needles Highway /must do

Iron Mountain Road/must do

Spearfish Canyon/must do

Town of Nemo ...All three roads that lead into a little town called Nemo. There is a little bar there that is fun! It's the only one in town so you can't miss it. It's really a pretty drive and off the beaten path.

Did the Custer State Park Wildlife Loop and well worth it. Saw 300-400 buffalo within 10 feet of us.

Sturgis

Hwy 16

and 16a

You need to stop at Sylvan Lake and walk around it.

Of course Mt Rushmore, Pactola Lake, Deadwood, Keystone and Hill City.

One thing we didn't do but should have,...take the "Badlands Loop" It takes about an hour to ride it and it's worth it. Once you get out there, every stop has a great map that has the whole area enlarged. It's well worth picking one up. If your staying a night or 2 we stayed at Mystic Hills campgrounds and cabins about 10 miles soth of Deadwood. They are reasonable, built in 06 and of the main highway tucked in the woods. www.mystichillscampground.com

We were out there 5 or 6 days and had a blast!

Thanks for the outstanding reply. I have been looking forward to this trip for many years now. I just hope the weather doesn't turn too cold in September. We are thinking about staying in Deadwood for about 4 days. I think we can do everything on your list.

BigD :thumbsup2: