IGNORED

using seafoam on tank

jonesy

Got the tank unclogged, 81 honda cm400. was sitting since '84, all clogged up with tarnish + rust. unclogged petcock + tank with lauquer thinner soaking, got seaform now. My ??? is how do I use it to clean tank some more. I got 2 pint cans, should I mix it with anything or just put gas and seafoam in. I plan to reline the tank, any help is greatly needed.

The best route to go is to buy the Kreme kit at a local dealer and use it as directed to clean and treat the tank............kit runs about $25.00-30.00, includes everything you need to do the tank. Make sure to follow the directions precisely. It works very well, I have used it many times without problems.

I had a bike that sat fours years with gas in it without conditioner. I ended taking it to a radiater company who washed inside of it with a acid bath and then they lined it with a thin film of rubber.

Not sure how they did it but they appearantly do it often. Got rid of all the crap, that is for sure and never had a problem again (after I cleaned the carbs piece by piece.

ANother person told me to let it dry out good, then through some nuts and washers in it then shake it up. Not sure this would work well though.

Brad