IGNORED

Ignition Key

Guest electrictat2

Guest electrictat2

Recently my house burn't with my key's in it. I looked and dug through the debris but with no luck. I have called all the locksmiths in town but they all say the same thing "We don't do motorcycles". I called the dealer and they can sell me an ignition key but i would have to buy seperate keys and locks for the trunk and saddle bags. Any suggestions?

Jerry Smith

:big-grin-emoticon:

"electrictat2"

1993 Yamaha Venture Royale

When we replaced the ignition on Sleeperhawk's First Pony, (second gen), we had to have a separate key for the ignition and one for the saddlebags and trunk. That was the only way we could do it.

Now we have the key code on a card that we keep with us so in the event we lose the key, we can have another one made at a locksmith

So sorry to hear about losing your house. If there is anything that we can do, please let us know.

:bighug:

I agree. John Blankenship.

Plus if you pull your ignition switch out the key code is on the underside. see pics. I bet if you call John and give him the code he can have one headed your direction in no time....

Here is a universal replacement ignition that "I THINK" will work.

It replaces: Yamaha OEM 47M-82501-50 & 3JV-82501-00

Your stock ignition switch is: 4XY-82501-00-00

Im thinking of getting one just to try it out: $27.63 (Plus shipping US: $10.99).