IGNORED

Port Dover

sleepy2

Just got back at 4:30 today from my 200klm ride to port Dover and back!  talked to a few guys who had Ventures and had problems, couldn't get dealers to help so went to Harley's! Also only took a few pictures as not anything peeked my fancy!(same old)

That's sad but not unusual.  Many dealerships won't work on bikes more than 10 years old.  I've seen Harley dealerships with the same policy.  I think it's just a tactic to get people to buy new bikes.  The saddest part is that most of Yamaha's touring bikes are now over 10 years old so it's just. going to get worse.  Any manufacture, in my opinion, should service their brand regardless of the age of the bike.  

Just think about it. Yamaha came out with the new Star Venture in 2018   Some of those bikes are already out of warranty now and Yamaha has already stopped making the bike and has discontinued all accessories. Parts are still available but.  from. what I've heard, often backorder4ed for many weeks.  For me, Yamaha has now destroyed any trust that we had in. them.  Verry sad.  They probably don't care because they no longer offer any large touring bikes or cruisers.  It vey well may be a rumor but I've even read that they may be getting out of the. motorcycle business entirely.  

When I recently bought another bike, I briefly considered another Venture Transcontinental but couldn't come to. terms with the fact that the only place to. get any accessories was Ebay.   That and what I've ready about parts availability quickly turned me against it.  Too. bad because I really liked many things about the '18. model that I. had.