IGNORED

SeaFoam on sale $6.99 at NAPA in Ontario

Found out by surprise when I went in for a can of S/F that its on sale almost half price for the month of June in Ontario CAnada.

Time to stock up! Pass it on.

Cheers,

Brian H.

Uxbridge Ont

Guest JGorom

That's a good price. Prices down here in Western New York were around $7.69/can (16 oz.)...I purchased a gallon (can use in our other vehicles) and that brought it down to about $6.50/can or 16 oz. You might want to see if they sell by the gallon up your way and calculate what that might be.

Guest JGorom
I found it at Wal-mart for 5.98 last week!

That's a great price Wizard...I checked two local Wal-mart's here in Western New York before I purchased the gallon...our Wal-mart's were not carrying it at that time...I'll have to see if they finally added it.

My previous stock of seafoam came from New York city a few years ago when I was down on business. It was bluish green colour.

I notice that the seafoam I am buying here in the ouskirts of Toronto these days, is clear and colourless.

Seems to me that it smells different too. The old stuff smelled vaguely of acetone or similar but the recent batch has a much milder smell.

Any one know if the formulation has changed recently or if its formulated differently for Canada ?

I have posed the question to Customerservice AT seafoam DOT com and will report their response.

Cheers,

Brian H.

Here is the answer from SeaFoam themselves:

The color change was mandated by the US Government several years ago. They do not want ANY color added to the NEW ultra low sulfur diesel fuels, so the die was removed.

As for smell, our 100% oil based cleaner, lubricant and moisture drier have been the same since 1940, with only small percentage changes having occurred, the last in 1989.

Sea Foam contains no chemical, so ACETONE is NOT a smell in Sea Foam. I could attribute the minor smell difference only to manufacturing of the 3 oil components.

Thanks!

Since all physical things, including air and water, are chemical, I am a bit mystified by how the final statement can be true. Suffice it to say though, there is apparently no Acetone in there despite my perception of the smell.

Hope this is of interest.

Brian H.

Uxbridge Ont.