Most of you guys don't have pictures of your Trikes in your VB pictures??

How many types of Trike kits are available for the 2nd Generation 99 to present VENTURE??

Who are the manufacturers??

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.................Ron

I think there is only three or four that make conversions for the 2nd gen, Hannigan is the first one that comes to mind then Motor Trike, Champion & Tri Wing. I didn't like any of the factory conversions so I decided to build my own conversion, I'm building the sub frame and frame connection system out of 1.5" X 1.0" steel 1/8" wall steel tubing, I'm building it with IRS the bases of which is a 1991 Cougar 7.5" IRS rear end, I have a reverse system incorporating a 35 hp outboard motor flywheel attached to the pinion yoke and spun by an outboard motor starter, all I have left to do is build and mount the suspension and build the axles oh and about 50 little things that I haven't come across yet, :). We liked the Tri Wing DX Cruiser Body so that will be finish mounted and painted to match the bike after the conversion itself is finished. I hope this helps you get started. :) :) :) :) :) :).

Thank you for the response and you definitely have a project going on.

I looked these up and only came across the TRI WING.

Motor trike did not have 1 for a VENTURE.

Hannigan and Champion I could not find.

Found the trailer site for Hannigan but not a trike site.

We sat on a 1500 and a 1800 tri wing 3 wheeler and do not like how everything is kinda "in my face" and the NAVIGATOR and I thought there was just not enough room.

I see there are other VENTURERIDERS that have converted there VENTURE to a 3 wheeler but don't have pics posted and we would like to know how roomy it is and

if the conversion is stretched or the adjustment is by adjusting the trunk back.

We have talked about making the NAVIGATOR a custom seat to fit the trike.

In our search we ran across allot of VW, GW or HD trikes and kits.

But the only one we found is the TRIWING for the VENTURE and

was the hook up as easy as they say it is..............Ron

Several of the members here on the site have Yamaha Hannigan trike conversions but I don't remember who they are, I'm sure they will surface sooner or later you might ask for a raise of hands in the general forum. We personally will not deal with TriWing again, after purchase of our DX Cruiser body ( $2.500.00 w/freight ) I tried to ask them a couple of question about other parts availability and a question concerning gear ratios as our wreck had 3.73.1s and I questioned that as being to low, any way they basically told us they would not be interested any further conversations. ( We don't condone what you are doing and will give you no further help ). I didn't care for the crude engineering on the TriWing kit anyway so I decided to go my own way and build an IRS trike from scratch, selling the broken TriWing kit for more than I paid for the whole wrecked trike w/ a spare frame and front end. I'm hoping to get some photos posted soon for all to see. :) :) :) :) :) :).

Edited by vicco27
Not written to my liking

I got the last trike from Motor Trike on the 2nd gen RSV. I like it a lot but the market just wasn't there from the 2nd gen owners. I like the Hannigan appearance much more than the motor trike but at the time hannigan wasn't making them and neither was Tri-Wing. If I were to do it over (and I probably won't ) I would go with the Hannigan. Their customer service appears to be very good from what others say. Motor Trike has no customer service period. They are only doing Honda and Harleys period. Motor trike will treat you like a king until they get your money then they forgot your name and don't question why the paint doesn't match or why something is broken because they just don't have quality control issues ever.

• 1 month later...
Most of you guys don't have pictures of your Trikes in your VB pictures??

How many types of Trike kits are available for the 2nd Generation 99 to present VENTURE??

Who are the manufacturers??

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.................Ron

Ok Ron let's see what some of us have done here. First as noted there's only 3 companies currently making trike conversions for the 2nd gen Ventures. Hannigan, Champion, and Tri-Wing. I went with the Tri-Wing myself because they will sell their kits to the customer while Hannigan and Champion are strictly factory or authorized dealers doing the conversions. Since I'm a retired mechanic I hated to pay for labor that I could do myself. Saving the labor costs influenced me a lot here. Last month I was able to attend a trikers rally and saw first hand both the Champion and Hannigan trikes on Ventures. I must say they looked really sharp. Also saw a 99 Motor Trike that was for sale.

Which one of the three companies is best? Hard to say as there are features on each I like.

On customer relations I found my dealings with Tri-Wing completely different than Vicco did. Before, during, and after the sale they were extremely helpful. In fact I had gotten a set of bad air bags that their supply had shipped and Tri-Wing took immediate action to resolve the problem. This was 3 months after the sale and before I had completed the conversion.

I will say that if you're not mechanically inclined then one is best to have a dealer or factory do the converson.

I do have some pics in my profile as well.

Links -- http://www.triwing.com/

http://www.championsidecars.com/ while they don't list a kit for the Venture on their web site I know they are making them for it. Best contact them for more info

http://www.hannigantrikes.com/content/yamahatrike.html

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One