Yep. Talked to my local "smart-guy" yesterday, just some info------ filters are rated at "single pass efficiency". Factory specs state 70% trapped particulate on 1st pass thru filter. HiPro filters average 82% trapped, Fram is rated 85-87% and K&N is 87% +. Biggest thing is mileage and time.

He was in motorcycle R&D back in the 80's & early 90's and told me this: lotta miles in little time--IE--WIld Hair (Lowell)--change filter and top off oil (3-5000 miles or higher). If your like most of us--- 3- 5000 miles per season-- change oil every month and a half or so. Oil is just like brake fluid, will absorb water from the atmosphere and break down.

Not all we talked about, but a good primer.

Dan

I didn't think there was an issue with the filtering part of Fram, but the quality of the screw-on filter construction. Not everyone had this issue. Use what works for you. joe

That's one thing he said, is screw-on filters don't always have the proper anti-drain back valve, lets all the oil drain back down out of your motor. That was his big problem with screw on filters.

Dan