IGNORED

Rally Pics (or: Snow skiing on the Venture!)

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Just a few pics from the Red River Rally. I left my house on Friday, the 23rd, 91 degrees. It cooled off and by the time I got to Red River it was 31 degrees! Brrr!! Snow was caking on my windshield, sleet hitting me in the face...ahh...life is good at 9000 ft up in the northern New Mexico mountains!

But by Sunday it was warming up quite a bit. Sunshine and about 65 to 70 degree temps in mid-afternoon. Nights were delightfully cool.

Put about 1200 miles on the bike. Ran flawlessly. I'm ready for Sturgis now!

Had that happen on a ride up Mt Washington, 85 and sunny at the bottom, when we got to the top it was 30 and snowing, we made a little snowman!! Was in late June during laconia bike week. Nice pics, Thanks

Guest tx2sturgis
What a wimp! 3 hours away and I missed it.

Maybe next year!!

I saw exactly THREE other Ventures, and ONE Royal Star. One of my pics is looking thru my windshield at a silver one. So...not many others bothered to make the trip either!

The winds heading over were pretty fierce..lots of leaning without turning! My miles per gallon dipped into the high 20's during most of the trip over, but then as usual, once I got into the higher elevations, and speeds were more gentle on the mountain roads most of the time, I actually saw 2 tankfuls that hit over 40, just barely.

Nice to see that, since it never happens out on here on the flats at 70-80 mph most of the time.