IGNORED

1st Gen floorboard instructions

lonestarmedic

Ok folks,

I need a bit of help. I purchased a set of floorboards from a member here. Nice transaction. They will be arriving next week. I have searched and cannot find instructions for mounting. Also, I remember seeing a set that had a cross brace under the motor. His set was on his bike when he bought it. No cross brace on the bike. They look to be Venture Line boards. I sure could use a set of instructions. I am sure the parts will only line up one way so I can figure it out. Just want to find things like bolt length to make sure parts are correct. Attached are pics of the boards I am getting and the boards I saw on e-bay with the bar/brace. Pictures marked Left and Right are the items I purchased.

JB

Your photos is the set I have on my 83 venture. the boards in the photo must have the cross bar or they will not work at all!!! The cross bar is what holds the front half of the board in place as where the Yamaha boards bolts right on the crash bars I think and the rear half uses the bolts from your foot peg assembly. The last photo shows the unit all together, The cross bar uses the same bolt that holds the crash bars in place and the rear half uses the bolts from your foot peg assembly all direct fit will only work one way..

83-85 Venture models can use the 86-up boards by adding spacers and longer bolts for direct fit. But the 83-85 model boards will not fit the 86-up model.

Buddy