IGNORED

Ideas for saddle bag speakers and amp?

Jewhova1980

Hope everyone has had a good day. Looks like severe weather is going to ruin any riding tomorrow so I think I will focus on some little updating on the Venture. I'm still waiting for her to whisper her name to me so until she does, she's just getting called Venture. Anyhoo.... I've dug deeply into the archives and have come to the same conclusion as most of you: there's no way to do but so much with 4 inch speakers. I have upgraded them to modern speakers and hooked up  Bluetooth capability and I'm ok with what it is. I can hear it pretty well at 70-80. I would like to add some speakers and an amp to the bags to bring some decent midrange to the package. I have found zero solutions for ready to go replacement lids for the Royal Star bags to just toss some speakers in so....it looks like I'll be butchering my bag lids myself and praying I don't screw up. Just curious to see if anyone has already done this and has any advice? Only way 6x9s are fitting good is to put them aft of the bag locks and that just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. 5x7s might go but the curvature of the front of the bag lid scares me. 6.5" rounds would go I believe but still have the issue with the curvature. Any and all ideas are appreciated. I think I can make the stock system into something pretty decent but before I start, I wanted to check with the guys who have been there. Thanks everyone. 

Sorry I don’t have any good news for you.  I have a first Gen and would love some more sound but so far all I’ve come up with is mounting pods which I think would look stupid so I haven’t moved forward.  I did replace the dash with 4” kickers and that was for sure an improvement.