IGNORED

What''s really in your Carbs.

BuddyRich

Its been a few years since I have been here, Sorry Don, Life just kinda got in the way. Anyways. Back in 2016 I grabbed a screw driver and did a minor adjustment on my idle and the bike would never start again. Kinda caught me by surprise as the bike is so damn reliable its not funny. Let her sit. and tried to figure it out from time to time. I had done all the things we swear by here and just for the life of me could not get it. Finally broke down a month ago and tore into her. I found out a few things. 

1. Seafoam is useless.   Toss it.  Get your self some BG44k.  2. Always use Stabil in every tank. The entire reasons why she stopped in evident in the pictures.   

I was hesitant to pull the carbs but it turned out easier to do then pulling the airboxes apart to get to the carbs. As you can see the water the ethanol absorbed player hell with the carbs. From now on every tank will get will bg44k and stabil . Two of the floats were frozen in the off position and I had to remove them with liquid wrench and a pair of needle nose pliers.

. carb1.JPG

carb2.JPG

carb3.JPG

carb4].JPG

Edited by BuddyRich
left off some info
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BuddyRich said:

Carl, Like that from the factory. I never ever had to choke it. I have never gotten in the high 30's as far as mileage goes either.

If it were mine and I was concerned then I would see if the needles could move further in to increase mileage, or maybe adjust the air-mixture screws a bit. But that would be just me.