IGNORED

1200 and 1300 front brake differences??

Guest kimrpaige

Guest kimrpaige

Ijust bought some nice chrome rotor/caliper covers and fender rail for my 88 1300. These parts came off of a 1200, the caliper covers look different as the bolt holes are not the same. Looks like the fender rail will fit but how about the rotor covers? I figured they were all the same, but I think I am wrong. So what are the difference between the 1200 and 1300 front ends??? Kim

Ijust bought some nice chrome rotor/caliper covers and fender rail for my 88 1300. These parts came off of a 1200, the caliper covers look different as the bolt holes are not the same. Looks like the fender rail will fit but how about the rotor covers? I figured they were all the same, but I think I am wrong. So what are the difference between the 1200 and 1300 front ends??? Kim

The 1200 used 2 piston calipers, 1300 4 piston calipers. I believe the rotors are a different size too.

Maybe, you can pass those over to a Mk1 owner, that could use them. As I don't know, if they can be re-worked to fit the Mk2.

HHHMMMM, maybe this way?

I sincerely (:whistling:) doubt that the fender rail will fit either, might as well send it , too! BTW, does it have the nice lights and all the goodies on there?

Just kiddin', if you decide to get rid of them, send me a PM and we'll talk.

Dan