IGNORED

Be careful out there!!!

Venturous Randy

For many of us, this is going to be the first nice weekend without rain in a long time. And, alot of us are planning on getting some therapy riding in. So, let's all do our best to be real attentive to all the debris, cages, animals and anything else that can get us hurt. Let's be careful out there this weekend and good luck everyone.

RandyA

For us Canadians, last week was the long one. You're absolutely right about being careful, I just wish the cagers would be careful too. I was riding in stop and go traffic on Saturday, needed some water and relief from the heat, so I pulled onto the paved shoulder to remove a layer of my gear and get some water. As I rolled to a stop the Ford Ranger next to me side-swiped me. Minor injuries to both the bike and myself, as I was able to keep the bike up. Ruined a great getaway weekend.

To top the week off, I was informed on Tuesday, that about an hour and a half after my accident, my aunt was killed in a M/C accident. Incredibly, the fault in that accident lies on the shoulders of another biker that was riding too close and made hard contact with his front tire to their rear putting the bike out of control and throwing my aunt from the bike.

So, for those of you riding in groups, please maintain a safe distance between bikes and stay alert...

Edited by dr_bar

Man...thats tough Doug. Our thoughts are with you and your family!

Sure glad you are ok.

Thanks for the thoughts. I think this weekend with family rolling into town from all over the continent, it's going to be a rough ride for my aunt's boyfriend. Don't know him that well, but he's going to be needing a friend in this family and I guess I'm the likely suspect.

My injuries are getting better fast, mostly swelling and pain in the left ankle and calf, hope to be 100% sooner than later.