IGNORED

Rabbit Hash KY

Stratcat

Deb and I got out last Sunday and rode up to one of our favorite destination Rabbit Hash Kentucky. A wide spot in the road along the Ohio river between Louisville and Cincinnati. It's like stepping back in time a hundred years, very quaint. It made some national recongnition on the national nightly news a few years back when the local dog that hangs at the General Store was voted Mayor:rotf: You can Goggle it for some more info.

Anyway here's some pics....

The General Store

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/stratocurtster/Rebel%20XTI/Rabbit%20Hash%205-2008/20080518_3.jpg?t=1211379347

A nice collection of classic Triumphs, BSA's and Nortons

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/stratocurtster/Rebel%20XTI/Rabbit%20Hash%205-2008/20080518_11.jpg?t=1211379389

A View From Down The Holler

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/stratocurtster/Rebel%20XTI/Rabbit%20Hash%205-2008/20080518_9.jpg?t=1211379426

Bikes of all Kinds Congregate

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/stratocurtster/Rebel%20XTI/Rabbit%20Hash%205-2008/20080518_27.jpg?t=1211379478

:7_6_3[1]:

Edited by Stratcat

Well don't go without us! :happy34:

You betcha that would be a cool destination at least it's close to 1/2 way between us!! :cool10:

Just looked at a map. So is Story south of Nashiville I take it? Do they welcome bikers?

Surprise I haven't been through there??

You betcha that would be a cool destination at least it's close to 1/2 way between us!! :cool10:

Just looked at a map. So is Story south of Nashiville I take it? Do they welcome bikers?

Surprise I haven't been through there??

Yea they do Curt. When I said that Rabbit Hash reminded me of Story it's because it's a little nothing place that a lot of motorcyclists go to.

Story has a store with a bar underneath. When I was there last, I'd estimate there were thirty bikes there.

We can meet up at Seymour and then ride up 135 to Story. It's a windy road and you end up at the State Park. Nice scenery. We should stop for a drink then go up to Nashville.

Maybe we can convince some of the Venture Riders to join us!

Bob

Lived in Shelbyville, KY from 1971 to 1990......Been there done that.....Although when I went by there in the early 80's....There was not any bikes....Nice pix's....Brought back some pleasant memories...

George In Virginia... :):):):):):):):)

Lived in Shelbyville, KY from 1971 to 1990......Been there done that.....Although when I went by there in the early 80's....There was not any bikes....Nice pix's....Brought back some pleasant memories...

George In Virginia... :):):):):):):):)

Thanks George glad you enjoyed them! If your ever back in the area give us a yell!

Well it looks like we will be heading back up there tomorrow, one of the fellas who couldn't make it last week wants to check the palce out. Deb's working and Carson is going to a picnic so it's gonna be a boys day out I guess.

So we'll be leaving the homestead here in LaGrange around 10:00 should roll in there around 11:30, so if any of you northern KY or Southern IN/OH folks ate in the Rabbit Hash neighborhood on Sunday look us up!

We'll probably hang around there for an hour or so before riding on.

The cell number is in my profile for what it's worth!

Have a great holiday weekend.

I have attached a PDF map to this message looks like about a 3 hour ride for you. Once we leave there we are going to cross into Lawrenceburg IN then come west on Indian US 50 back to 421 then south to Madison In and back across into Kentucky FYI.... You got my cell if you need it.

Sad News from Rabbit Hash.

Just got back from a ride to Rabbit Hash. While I was there, The fellow that was running the store told me the Mayor just passed away... He didn't say how the Mayor died, who knows, maybe from chasing cars !!!

I wonder if there will be a re-election ????

I seen a small dog and a big old cat hanging out in front of that store, I wonder if they are getting ready to do a little politicking ????

This place did have a dog for a Mayor !!! :)

A nice collection of classic Triumphs, BSA's and Nortons

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/stratocurtster/Rebel%20XTI/Rabbit%20Hash%205-2008/20080518_11.jpg?t=1211379389

That first one be a Honda SuperSport 400-4. That was my first streetbike at 14 years old. It was much prettier than that one but it was a lot of fun! It taught me how to be a squid!

Sad News from Rabbit Hash.

Just got back from a ride to Rabbit Hash. While I was there, The fellow that was running the store told me the Mayor just passed away... He didn't say how the Mayor died, who knows, maybe from chasing cars !!!

I wonder if there will be a re-election ????

I seen a small dog and a big old cat hanging out in front of that store, I wonder if they are getting ready to do a little politicking ????

This place did have a dog for a Mayor !!! :)

In November 2004, Junior Cochran ran a tremendously successful mayoral campaign, and won a 'dog-gone' good race, 'fetching' well over 3,000 votes. This unique election, made Mayor Junior only the second canine to ever be elected mayor of this tiny river hamlet.

REST IN PEACE MAYOR JUNIOR!!

http://www.rabbithashusa.com/images/mayorjrpc.jpg

I always said politicians are nothing but a bunch of stinky animals:Laugh:

The mayor died this week-end. He was just a good common cur who did his civic duty. Gonna miss the old dog. He had a great handshake, a kind tail wag and a wet kiss. Not many like that around anymore.

:95:

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...