IGNORED

LED bulbs

Cutty

I have the Venture Line bumper lights on my 87 and i bought some mini wedge LED bulbs #2060-0006 from Drag Specialties $2.95 @. They project less light because of the angle they sit. So i bought new lens because of the color loss and that brighten things up some. LEDs are good if they are used in straight direction.

And there's TWO styles. The regular projects OUT the tip and is used when the TIP is pointed in the direction of viewing. Then there is the CONE... this type sends it's light out the side for those side mounted holders the running lights use.

More specific info is here:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=8989153.13974&next=50

"What is the difference between Narrow and Wide viewing angle ?

Some of our bulbs are available with Narrow or Wide viewing angle. The Wide angle (approx. 100 degree beam) will light up more area but dimmer than the Narrow angle. The Narrow angle (approx. 15 degree) will illuminate a smaller area but brighter than the Wide angle. We also offer bulbs with some LEDs aiming out the end of the bulb and some radially mounted LEDs aiming out the sides of the bulb. These will provide a more complete and even light pattern on the vehicle lens.

We cannot recommend which type would work best in your vehicle because it depends on the size, shape and depth of your bulb housings. The Wide angle bulbs usually work best for most vehicles."

I used the CONE TIP WLED-R for the running lamps (use the same color LED as the lens).

I only used the single LED version with the WIDE angle and they look great!

(cheap too...)

You can also CALL them... they are GREAT to work with.

I ALWAYS recommend the amber LED use for the brake rotor covers... the regular bulbs melt the orange plastic lens and since these are like hen's teeth... ever tried to repair melted opaque orange plastic? LEDs suddenly become REAL cheap.