IGNORED

Are the original headlights made for Tractors?

GigaWhiskey

I think I have the original headlight in my bike. I think it says Kyoti and it does say Made In Japan.

When I look Kyoti up on the Internet, I see tractors!

Would I benefit from replacing this headlight with something newer? lol. It is dim for sure!

I was thinking its also time to get something brighter in the bike, (the headlight, not me you guys,,,,,,lol) Not really sure either what will work in the bike without taxing the electricals and without modding a bunch of stuff.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Gig, the best thing you can do for your bike is to upgrade your headlight system to what is on the 86/93 Ventures. I did on my 83 and it helped tremendously. It does take a bit to do it such as; headlight bucket, adjustment mechanism, frame dash mounts on, left side upper frame, small connector strip under headlight that mounts to both upper fairings and the ring around the headlight.

It is a bit of work, but it does help a lot and looks much better. You will be getting the headlight out of the tunnel.

RandyA

Gig, the best thing you can do for your bike is to upgrade your headlight system to what is on the 86/93 Ventures. I did on my 83 and it helped tremendously. It does take a bit to do it such as; headlight bucket, adjustment mechanism, frame dash mounts on, left side upper frame, small connector strip under headlight that mounts to both upper fairings and the ring around the headlight.

It is a bit of work, but it does help a lot and looks much better. You will be getting the headlight out of the tunnel.

RandyA

Hey Randy, I know you have told me this in the past and this is a route I would love to take. Thanks fr waking me up, lol.

Now, if I could obtain all of those parts, there is the trick! I have looked on ebay when when I have cruised it. I'll keep looking.

Hey Dan, That will go in and not melt the rubber? This is brighter than my tractor headlight?

Hey Brian, sounds like the two choices are what Randy and Dan provided. I have heard of people melting the rubber, that is the tunnel, with headlight that get too hot from being nice and bright.

Phillips Silver Star is the way to go. Costs a little but well worth it.

Yeah I really dont want to melt the rubber tunnel, but I really dont like the dim light either. I am not a real handy guy with fabrication so if I can get by with the Silver star and no melting and no need to fabricate I would like to try it first.

Dan, you are running this phillips silver star now with no issues on an 83-85?

Has anyone tried lining/replacing the rubber tunnel with an aluminum or similar heat resistant lining, like sheets of that silicone rubbery stuff they make those baking sheets and oven mitts out of now?

Brian